Saturday, September 12, 2009

Going Digital

I was recently asked to take on the chairmanship of the Prayer and Spiritual Development Committee. It wasn't long before I discovered that I was not only the chairman, but the sole member of this committee. I will, of course, be working on that!
I wasn't eager to take it on. Not only am I feeling rather overwhelmed with work, home and other commitments, I would not classify my prayer life as anything that anyone ought to emulate, or even look closely at. Who am I to attempt to encourage others in an area that I am so miserably apt to minimize and give short shrift to? Theoretically, I can tell you all about what Scripture says, and how important prayer is in the overall scheme of our spiritual life, but when it comes to practice, I am not as diligent as I would like to be.
However, God the Father in his infinite wisdom seems to have another plan, and perhaps this is what I need to goad me into a better practice of this vital spiritual discipline.
So, while driving home from work the other day, He spoke with me about starting this blog. At first I wasn't sure--do we need another thing that does not involve face-to-face contact? But with the church members living in scattered places and with full and busy lives with family, work, and other responsibilities, and with our increasing tendency to connect online, it began to seem like a good idea. It cannot be the only place we meet to pray and talk, but it can be one place.
So I will be posting weekly (hopefully!) with Scriptures, quotes, and musings concerning prayer and spiritual growth, as well as sharing prayer requests. I invite you to also comment with your own thoughts and prayer requests. Together we can let our requests be made known to God

No comments:

Post a Comment